Saturday, November 7, 2009

Christmas music

Last night when I went to get Clarence after her band trip (They took first place,  hurrah!)  I was listening to KOSY 106.5.  Karen Carpenter was singing--"Just hear those Sleigh bells jingaling, ring ting tingaling ..." When the song was almost over , it sounded like someone knocked something over.  I thought someone was comandeering a take over to silence the holiday music.  The station didn't broadcast anything for at least 10 minutes...then I was home and I went to bed.  This morning on the way to Christmas Choir, I told Jeff about the incident. Then I turned the station on to listen and see if it was fixed, and the exact same song was playing.  Strange ... of course,  I had to listen 'til the end...at which point another Christmas song came on...YAY!   Christmas is on KOSY.  I love it, even though the playlist is so predictable I can almost tell time by it.   

2 comments:

The Mathews Family said...

SQUEEEEE!!!!! I had given up that they were going to play Christmas music before Thanksgiving so I hadn't checked again. Hooray! And SO funny!!!... I just logged on to kosy.com to listen live and guess what's playing? Karen Carpenter! LOL! ... giddy up giddy up giddy up let's ride!...
-Jessica

Jonna said...

We found a station here-103.1-that started playing Christmas right after Halloween. Also a predictable playlist, but it's been fun, and is tiding me over till I get downstairs and bring up our Christmas CDs.