Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Calendar

Well, I thought the Sterling Scholar Final Night was on the 31st, until a week ago when Colby said it was on the 24th. I made the change on the kitchen calendar. It was "set in stone." Yeah! Less time to wait!!! Then on the 22nd, Colby informed us that the date was changed...you guessed it--- to the 31st. I was ready to be done with the nervous anticipation. Oh well, as they say "this time next week....".

I have other things to get all worked up about between now and then, though.
Thursday--Juice/broth fast in preparation for a colonoscopy. "JOY". It was to have been all done and over on the 12th, but the Dr. needed that day off so I had to reschedule. Did I know I was rescheduling it on top of Parent Teacher Conference Day, March 26th? No. Guess who is the chairperson of Teacher dinners? Me. Heading the dinners is the only way I can feel like I'm helping the PTA, since I can't go to the meetings anymore. The meetings are right when I'm working with Mrs. Pond's morning Kindergarten class. I need to go shopping and farm out the food to my angel helpers. Oh, yes, my "procedure" is at 9 a.m. on Friday so one would hope I'm done and ok by the 1:30 start of the conferences. There is another event that day. It's at Weber State University in Ogden Utah a mere 2-ish hours north of Provo. Colby is receiving the "Best of Show" award for one of his ceramic pieces he entered in their show. The awards ceremony begins at 7 p.m. We'll need to leave Provo no later than 4 p.m.--what with it being near traffic rush time. Crazy day!!!

Don't even get me started on the 27th..it's crazier--is that a word? Oh, yeah if you look it up, I'm pretty sure my picture will be right there next to the definition.


ps--did I mention Friday is also Temple Day for my teenagers? That happens @ 4. I'm guessing we'll drop them off on our way out of town...probably right after we squeeze in a visit/conference with our youngest 2 daughters' teachers....yep craziness!!!

3 comments:

Mom said...

ohhh Millie. Some years are like that. Hope all is well We love you much. You are always in our thoughts.

Jonna said...

After my colonoscopy the nurse said not to plan on doing anything the rest of the day, but to plan on going home and going to bed. Are you sure it's ok to plan on everything you mentioned? Maybe ask the people when you go tomorrow? Or maybe they said those things to me because I am older and don't have your youth on my side?

Jonna said...

I'm anxious for an update on everything in this post!