Saturday, April 24, 2010

Provo High School Prom 2010

So I have a few pictures on my phone, but I can't figure out how to get them on the computer. Someone will help me, I'm sure. I'm totally lifting photos from the Sorensen's for the Colby and Shannon pics. Amber had one good pic of Claire and her date, too.

Utah Prom dates aren't merely a dinner and the dance. They start sometimes with breakfast and last throughout the entire day. Clarence and Colby both had play dates at parks and had picnic lunches. They both were on group dates. Claire's group was 3 couples. Colby's was 7 couples strong....

The girls in Claire's group all got ready for the prom at our house, and then I took them to another house to finish getting ready so the guys could pick them up there. I stayed to see them...I wanted to see everyone all spiffed up--gals in their formals and the guys snazzified, too. The girls looked beautiful. I was disappointed and pretty much miffed at the boys when they arrived, because they were in jeans and baseball caps....so much for the Fairytale princess dreams of three Prince Charmings arriving. I wanted to punch them. oh well.
Later when we saw them at the Promenade they were appropriately clothed. This is Claire and her date Ryan coming down the steps at Promenade. They got professional photos taken so at some point y'all can see how my revamp to Claire's dress came out. I think I did ok. She was certainly pretty!!!! By the way- Ryan is only a friend---a handsome one at that.

Colby's group had dinner on the roof again...I hope they enjoyed it! Colby got to drive "Grandma JoAnn's" ( Shan's grandma) convertible. That was fun! I have gleaned several pics of their prom and I'll post them now. THANKS again Amber, Shannon, and Ingrid for the pics!
Before Shannon came downstairs Colby asked Ingrid which rose would match Shan's dress best. He took a single rose from the bouquet of red and white roses. He gave the bouquet to Ingrid. Ingrid said. "You can borrow my daughter anytime you'd like." When Shannon came down he presented her with a single white rose.

I think Colby looks dreamy in the tux!!!!
Shannon kept the dress a surprise. He didn't even know the colors. All Colby knew was that Shannon's grandma JoAnn was making her dress from patterns she had used as a teenager...late 1950's, early 1960's...she did a great job! The dress turned out beautiful!!! Nice surprise!

They look so happy!


2 comments:

Mom said...

I have been axiously awaiting these photos. The kids look great. Properly handsome and beautiful. Also looks like a lot of great sewing went on behind the scenes. So hard to believe the grandkids are growing up-I just barely got used to the idea that the parents are grown up. Ah, so it is. Love to all.

Wendy said...

What fun!! It seems like just yesterday I went to my own Prom. But it most definitely has been a few years since then. Looks like they had a blast. And they looked really nice.