Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I hope they call me on a mission---

He opened his call on Saturday--a mere 20 or so minutes after the bus came home from Girls Camp. Our family and the Sorensen's were there when he opened the packet (postage $1.73) . He is called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and assigned to labor in the Taiwan Taichung Mission. He is to report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on 13 October, 2010. He will prepare to preach the gospel in the Mandarin Chinese Language.

We're so proud of him and happy that he has chosen to share the most precious thing we have...The Gospel and Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ's love for EVERYONE!!!

We love you son!

ps--I mentioned the postage because there is a theory that those who are called to foreign missions out of the U.S. receive a heavier package...thus one should be able to guess by the weight. He got his first package /envelope last Wednesday and he received another envelope yesterday about his VISA preparation...maybe things are done differently now than a while ago. I honestly only remember getting my initial call, and I think everything was included that I needed to do/prepare for my mission in Chile.


2 comments:

Carolyn said...

We didn't know he opened his call! Hooray for him! And a bigger hooray for Taiwan! They will learn so much from him.

The Favorite said...

AWESOME!!!
Congrats on the call. You are so smart and will have no problems. Good luck!