Wednesday, February 15, 2012

58 weeks

Hey mom & dad
I'm excited for your letter and the box. I haven't gotten anything in the mail for a while.
It's weird that people are getting engaged. and married. Being in the office, I hear bits and pieces of missionaries that went home and how they are doing. One of my favorite old AP's is getting married in April. Stuff like that. It's pretty fun.
Yeah, time is going by super fast here as well. I'm not used to writing on Saturdays yet.

Yes, my load is a little full for the next two weeks. We are getting ready for next move call when we have a huge number of missionaries coming on and not many going off. I've been looking into the phones thing. It seems that most of what I have found is for people that are visiting taiwan for a short amount of time. I'm going to go and talk to some of the cell phone shops around the corner this week as well. Alot of people will call you up and say nothing more than "call me back" and then hang up. I was thinking about it and I think that is usually because "their phone has no money on it." If I remember correctly, it is pretty common to get a phone and just "put money on it" to be able to call other people. I need to research more, but that seems like probably the best idea.

I have been trying to keep track of all of the people that I meet here and their information. Everybody from people that I taught down in 潮州 to my trainer to the person who I did his baptismal interview the other week. I'm wanting to keep tabs on them and keep up a friendship. Keep that circle of friends growing.

I've been reading a lot of D&C lately. Pretty good book. I'm finding a lot about missionary work that is nice. I like where it says. I like what it says in D&C 38:41 and the way that missionary work is in this verse. I picked out 3 points. 1. Let your preaching be a warning voice. We should go out and tell people of what happens if they continue not doing what the Lord wants them to do. 2 Every man to his neighbor. I think that the best and most powerful sharing of the gospel is to the people that we know and live close to us. That is why working with the members is the best thing to do. and 3 let it be in mildness and meekness. This is how it should be. I have had a few times when I just get mad that people aren't listening to what I am saying to them. and at that point, the Spirit is gone. It's got to be mild and meek.
ANyways, I've got to go.
have a good week.
-Elder Sanford.

No comments: