Sunday, March 18, 2012

Week 63 on the island of Taiwan

Dear Family,
This week really was very good. We got most of our time out on the streets because there wasn't much happening. The computers were down. I did what I could, which wasn't much but in the end we got it up and running. We had to call in one missionary who has some sort of computer degree. I really want to know how it all works. I'm asking a lot of questions and stuff, so I am learning a little bit. I'm still really missing Macs. Did I tell you last week that I had a huge project to do with the Dan Jones Video? I got to use Sister BIshop's Mac for that. I estimated that it would take me around 18 to 20 hours to do what I was supposed to, and that was on top of all the other crazy stuff that was happening. But I think is was last Monday? yeah. I said a prayer and it came clear to my mind how to do it. It took 2ish hours and I'm all set. That is the power of working by the Spirit!
I'm having a great time here. Thank you for all of the help.

The work is coming along great. We got out every night this week! It was all on time too, other than Monday when Elder Zhuang had a few things that he wanted to finish up for the next day. I really can see what you mean when you say that happiness comes with diligence. We have seen many blessings this week. 1 member referral turned out to be very amazing. He is in sales and has had a horrible life for the past 3 years. We have met with him once. When meeting, I really tried to focus on using the spirit to teach. It went really well and I feel like he really understands why it is that we are the true church. He doesn't have that much time on his hands, but he is willing to set up his schedule to meat with us. The other great miracle is somebody who walked in off the street with a whole bunch of questions. He originally lived in Nan Tou but recently moved here. He has been thinking a lot about his after life. He wants to make the right decisions in this life. The second time that we met with him, he asked a question about why we need to follow the commandments. We shared with him out of 3 Ne 27 that no unclean thing can enter into the kingdom of God. Later in the lesson, he said to us that he would need a few weeks of reading and praying, and if he felt is was right, he would like to be baptized! His goal is for the 31st. A wonderful lesson. It was a testimony to me of 2 things. That when you are diligent, the Lord will prepare the way before you.
Also, that when you teach by the Spirit, teaching actually works and the message really is brought to the heart of the people.

Thank you so much!
I've got to fly!
Have a good week

- Elder Sanford.

No comments: