Saturday, January 10, 2015

We just got back from a quick visit to St. George.  Our niece Abby and her husband Travis Sorenson were sealed today in the Temple. (Abby is Jonna & Kim Forbes' third child.  Jonna is my second sister.)  It was such a sweet, tender time.  I'm so happy that we were able to be there. They are so happy!!!

The next time we'll get to see the Forbes will be in April when their youngest daughter, Emmeline, will marry her fiancé Colton.  I love to be around the Forbes family. They are so kind and make us feel so welcome.

After the Temple ceremony we all went to eat at Benja's Garden. There were 25 or 30 of us there. It was yummy.  I especially liked the orange chicken and beef broccoli dish.

We drove down on Friday (yesterday) afternoon and returned to Provo tonight.  Mirielle, June, Esther, and Jeff & I all got to go.  Mirielle was kind enough to share her car with us.  We were actually able to drive as fast as the posted speed limits of 65, 75, and even 80 miles per hour.  This summer when we were traveling in the Dinker bus we reached the lightning fast speed of 56 miles per hour.  It was a treat to travel to St. George (some 240 miles from Provo, UT) in just under 4 hours.

Well, I really need to get to bed. I teach tomorrow in Relief Society.  I don't want to fall asleep standing up!! The lesson is a great one.  This year we are studying the teachings of President Ezra Taft Benson. The lesson is chapter 1: "The Great Commandment -- Love the Lord".  I'll end this post with one quick quote from the lesson that I love:

“When we put God first, all other things fall into their proper place or drop out of our lives.”



No comments: