Thursday, May 8, 2008

Weight a minute...wait a minute

Less than 6 hours of sleep and more than 9 puts you at high risk for obesity.  So THAT's it!!! I must sleep too long--NOT!!!  I realize that having my children spread over the ages...(preschool to college) is detrimental to my health, but what are you going to do?  Have lots of naps?  That sounds good!!!!  I Love our babies...(once my baby, always my baby...) but I guess I shouldn't be SO attached to the baby fat.  For goodness sakes our babiest baby is 5.  I've got to get rid of the extra chub!!!  
On another lack of sleep issue:  Tomorrow is the school carnival.  It's supposed to rain.  I'd like to get a couple of 9-hour chunks of sleep and miss the entire event (could that make me lose weight?).  I'm afraid it won't be that easy.  I'm the PTA President and I can't just hide for this.  I'm so glad there are lots of wonderful people helping with it.
Today I open the computer class doors (Waterford will be there for "end of year" testing the children.)  Lila has an appointment for a check-up on her 1-week-ago-broken-foot.  I need to take soup to the Middle School for the Teacher Appreciation Lunch. Those 3 things are about 10 miles apart and need to happen approximately in the same hour.  I need to condense my talk from Stake Primary Training and send it to Margaret so she can finish our last Newsletter and get it distributed....AND there's a Commissioner Meeting tonight @ Roundtable.  Kanani and I will be teaching a class.  It'll help fulfill part of one of my Woodbadge tickets.  
I need to get away from this computer, start the soup, and get kidlets ready for school.  I love life.  I wonder if  this busy-ness is ALSO on the "high risk for obesity" list? duh!!!

1 comment:

Shellie said...

I think one of the biggest reasons we have weight problems in this country is our lifestyle. The reason why it is so hard for us to follow diet and exercise advice and stick to it after losing weight is our whole entire culture goes against it. We need to make some changes!