Sunday, March 8, 2009

Easy come, easy go?

Can I tell you what a BUMMER is?  I haven't even blogged about Clarence's 15th Birthday yet--it was on February 27th--and her big present it already gone...vanished...It happened sometime today.  I guess the local creeps know when people are at Church and target those areas to vandalize or steal from.  We didn't pay at extreme amount of money, but not a tiny bit either.  I'm so angry I think I'm seeing cross-eyed.  We didn't have it locked-up, but it was on our bike rack.  The jerks came up in our driveway to take the 1 week old bike.  It's the best present we've ever given Clarence for her birthday.  Usually we don't have a good idea of what to do, but this was PERFECT, and now it's gone.  She's calm and not showing any anger, I'm proud of her...but I'm still fuming!  We said a prayer and drove around town to see if we could see said bike.  Police say that most of the time stolen bikes are taken by someone who wants to get somewhere fast, and they ditch the bike once they get there.  Maybe it'll come back?  That would be nice!  Honestly, it probably won't happen, though.  I hope whomever has lost Clarence's bike for her really needed it.  I think I might check the pawn shop tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh darn. that is really a yukky thing for someone to do. Hopefully you at leaast had some pictures of it. Speaking of pictures do you have some to post of Claire on her B-day? I've been waiting for them. We love you all. Give Claire a "we are sorry hug"

Diane said...

That stinks. I'm so sorry!

Ingrid said...

Dang. I am so proud of C for not getting angry. heck, I didn't even know about this cool gift, and I'M mad! How low and awful. Let's pray it comes back. Prayers work wonders.

B said...

That is awful! I'm sorry! Any luck around town or pawn shop searching? SO you have a pic of it...maybe we can help look. Did you happen to register it with the police? I know if they find it they only keep it for 30 days if it doesn't have a registration/license.

Shellie said...

HOW CRUNNY! I hope it turns up. We can always hope, right? We've lost a few scooters like that. (And they DO target church parking lots, so lock up there!)