Monday, March 2, 2009

Good Day Sir!

Maybe I'm a corny gal from the midwest---okay, that I AM, but I'm saddened by the death of a homespun man from the midwest: Mr. Paul Harvey. What a good, moral man. I remember hearing his voice over the crackling car radio way back when...when we'd drive to St. Joseph, MO. to the big-city-buildings where my dentist office was...when we'd be at home getting ready early Monday mornings to go clean the Church building, or before a session of weed pulling in the garden...I guess the reason I'm sad, other than he has passed away, is because bit by bit pieces of my childhood are ending.  Sweet memories.    

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are from the mid-west but you are not corny. It is true the memories of our youth get farther and farther away(and faster too) So I guess we need to enjoy the events of the day because some of them become the precious memories we have tomorrow. I am glad that you and your family are included in so many of our treasured moments. I love you.

Shellie said...

Aww! He was a keeper all right. (I guess we're getting old?)