Monday, February 15, 2010

Well, it is the day after Valentine's day. Maybe I should try to change my background although I do like the Gingerbread folks.

Last Thursday most of the classes at school had Valentine's Day Parties. I work one hour a day with the Special Ed class. I really enjoy them. They are a good bunch of kids. The Special Ed teacher put my name on their Valentine's lists. I ended up with treats and cards from most of them. One was quite a surprise! It was a cellophane wrapped silk rose. I thought--"How sweet."

When Googs saw the rose she asked if she could play with it. I said she could have it. She was thrilled. After a while she removed the cone shaped cellophane. She said "Hey, there's something in here." She removed a tiny rubber band that was securing the petals, she reached inside the rose bud, and pulled out a shiny red thong. She was shocked and confused. ( I'm sure she was thinking: "Why would anyone put "underwear" in a rose?") I took one look at it laughed and threw it in the fire. I can only imagine the mother who bought this for her son to give to his teachers...I would have been mortified had I given that gift in error. I'm guessing they didn't know the rose was "loaded". It'll be fun to hear the discovery stories from the other two ladies who teach the Special Ed. students.

It was a fine weekend! We had no school on Friday and no school today. (WooHoo!!) I've gotten a lot of reading in. I LOVE it! The book I'm almost done with now is "The Quilter's Apprentice", another book by Jennifer Chiaverini.

On Saturday evening we went to the Stake Valentine's Day Dance. They had a room for Karaoke. The girls (Sasha & Wacki) kept singing. It was fun to watch. We danced too. Fun!
Jeff and the Boys made DIVINE candy for us. The children lovingly refer to it as "Angel Poop". It's smashed oreo cookies mixed with cream cheese, rolled into a ball and dipped in melted chocolate. YUUUUMMMMYY! They sprinkled choco powder, coconut, powdered sugar on them. They even put some craisins in some. So tasty! Nice sweet guys!!!!

I got new red or pink shirts for everyone. I didn't pay more than $7 per shirt and most were on a better sale than that in early January when I went to get them. I tried to decorate the table like Momma always used to...pink and red...white tissue wrapped presents at every plate...red curly ribbon... When they unwrapped their shirts most of the kids wore them as turbans. Silly! I also got the 7th Season of Monk---hey the box is red & white I couldn't resist it. All of that was a whole lot of fun for not very much money. :) I love my family!

Hurrah for Valentine's Day. It gives us another fun holiday, breaks-up the winter blahs and makes it that much closer to spring!!!!

4 comments:

Mom said...

Hooray for blogs. I love to read and keep up with all the fun times of my Sanfords. Glad you had a nice Valentines day. We love you very much.

Unknown said...

The thong thing is priceless. Totally made me laugh.

Ingrid said...

What a great holiday! Glad we could share some of it with you (esp. the candy-- TOTALLY delicious! Colby made me try to guess the ingredients. After he gave hints, I got it. They were soooo good!) Fun to share our traditions with each other!

Bethany said...

HAHAHA! That loaded rose story is hilarious! I'm glad you have such a fun time with Valentine's day...and good job on the deal hunting!

B