Sunday, January 31, 2010

Good Book

I've found a new author that I love to read: Jennifer Chiaverini. During Christmas break I was really into reading feel-good-read-fast books. One of the books I picked up was "The Christmas Quilt". It wasn't a fast read (mainly because school started back up and life got in the way), but it was VERY good!!! Last Saturday I picked up "Cross Country Quilters". I finished it and I'm starting on "The Runaway Quilt". They are all good, wholesome...and with a description like that you may think they'd be dull and boring, NOT SO! They are very entertaining.

I'm so glad that there are real people books out there. The real person really doesn't want smut and garbage in books. I consider myself a "real person" and I like to be uplifted and entertained. There are many writers who are "uplifters", but I don't always want to be uplifted in a self-help way per se. Sometimes I just want to read a story. (I don't want to have to work at it too hard either.) Does that make sense? If that's the mood you're in try one of her books. I think you'll like it.

On another note: today was Stake Conference. There are 27 missionaries out right now from Provo East Stake. Next Conference in 6 months, it's likely that Dibs will have his call or even be in the MTC. Tears run down my face...a mix of joy and sadness!

3 comments:

Ingrid said...

So maybe I can try out one of those books and see if it's "cruise-worthy." :-)

Jonna said...

Thanks for info on another readable author. (I'm still waiting for an answer to my question by the way.)

Mom said...

I read one of her "quilt" books in a readers digest condensed version last summer some time. I don't remember the name of it but I quite liked it. She has a whole slew of quilt novels. thanks for reminding me about her. I will read some more of them.