Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Inspiring Women

I just came from an Enrichment Group. Jessica and Dixie taught us about Family History. The Church encourages accurate record keeping. Jessica writes in her blog at least 3 times a month, probably more. It's so enjoyable to hear about her family and the fun things they are doing/eating/cooking/creating. At the end of the year she publishes her blog into book format. She ends up with a Family History that she has written throughout the year and it includes photos that she has posted. What a fantastic idea. I think I want to do that, too. It might seem pricey, but it's much less expensive than a scrapbook. Scrapbook do have their place, but this seems like such a good idea that if I had to pick between the two ideas, I'd probably go with the Blog Book. Dixie had all kinds of family stories to tell. She was born in the mid to late 1940's and has an entertaining perspective on life in the south back then. I love to hear her stories she's written. She shared one about the kitchen she grew up in---the table was the hub to her "wheel".

So, tonight I didn't feel overwhelmed as I have in the past when Family History has been approached. I felt warmth and encouragement, and a gentle nudging that said to me, "You can do this. Start now." And I will!

1 comment:

Shellie said...

Cool! Hope I can start too :)