Friday, December 16, 2011

Thank you for the music

Because music is such an important part of my life I was wondering the other day what I'd hear during my last Radiation treatment. It was yesterday...my last treatment. Yahoo!

Strange as it may seem I was feeling a little sad. I have met some of the most caring, fun, and loving people in these past few weeks. I am sad to leave these people. The doctors, technicians, nurses and secretary were exactly who I needed to coach me and encourage me through this experience I've just had.

I thank my dear Father in Heaven for all of this! It's definitely a bump in the road to find out you have cancer, but everything about it has been a great experience, and as crazy as it sounds, I'm glad I went through it!!! I couldn't have made it through without Heavenly Father, my family, or my friends!! My "thank you" list is incredibly long!!! Thank you!

Let me get back and tell you about the music.
As my final Radiation began, so did a serenely beautiful rendition of "Silent Night". Tears welled in my eyes as I went over the lyrics in my head...."all is calm, all is bright." So it was, so it is... As I stood up from the treatment the next song to play was the "Hallelujah Chorus"...not even kidding. I thank Heavenly Father that even the songs over the radio or sound system were perfect. He is so good with the details!!! I really want to meet Him some day, and be in His presence and truly Thank Him for everything...especially the music.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I haven't seen any letters from Colby for a long time. Is he not writing?