Wednesday, June 24, 2009

We went to the store to get a few things more for Peterman's Birthday Party.  We ended up at KMart because it's closer than Walmart.  Googla came with me.  She wanted new shoes to be bought beFORE Peterman's Birthday, because if we got them on his birthday they'd have to be for him...that's what she said.  I wasn't too excited to get her shoes, but then she said, "But I need sneakers so I can TIE my shoes."  She proclaimed she's not a baby anymore.  I was so happy to hear she wanted to do something productive--tie shoes--that I "folded".  I like DI/"Salvation Army", but really the shoes that are there in her size are usually hammered.  

We found some cute sneaks that look like Converse, but they were $12.99--so obviously they aren't the real thing.  They're size 1, chocolate brown with pale pink stitching, white soles and toes... (I'm craving Neopolitan ice cream now).  She knows how to tie them already.  One night a while back, she couldn't sleep and she wanted to sleep in Lila's room.  She woke Lila and told her she couldn't sleep because she was bored , so she might as well learn how to tie shoes.  So Lila taught her, and ever since I guess Googla has wanted her own shoes to tie.  

My oldest sister taught Me to tie my shoes...good memories...the circle of life...  :)

No comments: