Sunday, September 12, 2010

the Lower Lights

Tonight we went to a Youth Stake Fireside with our children. It was fabulous! It was set up in the gym facing the chapel. A musical group performed in the "overflow" area. They are a group formed of LDS performers who have their own musical careers, but wanted an outlet to perform exclusively religious songs...hymns. They are the "Lower Lights". They are a traveling hymns revival. I LOVED it they "spoke to my soul"!

As I listened I was reminded of going to choir practice with Momma and Daddy, back when Jodi Emrich was the director. I also remembered listening to the Grand Ole Opry or country music shows on the radio coming home from St. Joseph nearly every Sunday when we'd go visit my Grandparents. Music is deep in my soul and I love it when I can feel the Spirit testifying of goodness and truth.

So what I heard tonight reminded me of a mix of the good time country music and the hymns from the Choir practices of my youth. Thanks Momma and Daddy for teaching me to feel the Spirit through hymns. It rings true!!!!

1 comment:

mom said...

I am so excited your blog has shown up again. Music is everything. I am glad you know and feel that too. Love you much. Mom