Monday, November 8, 2010

at home today

Googs has been dragging a bit. Yesterday she told me her throat and tummy hurt. She also had mentioned a headache somewhere in the mix of the last few days. She said she felt yuckky like she did when she had to have her appendics removed. That was nagging in the back of my brain. After Sacrament Meeting I asked to borrow Jeff's flashlight and I peered down her throat. Yep the cottage cheese-like infection was staring back at me. I interrupted our friend and the "ward Doctor" to come and see. I was going to ask if I should take her to Instacare. He asked questions and assessed the situation. She IS the lucky recipient of Strep. He confirmed my suspicions. I am grateful that he truly is on-call 24/7. What a nice man. We are trying to think of a way to repay him. Googla is medicated and home from school--at least for today. (We don't want her spreading the strep.) I'm home, too. I like it best when I'm home. It feels right! I'm going to do some pre-Thanksgiving baking. It's raining and cold...perfect for baking. Cosy.

No comments: