Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mish mash of Emotions

I keep wishing my days away. Wishing for time when I can be lazy and scuttle about the house as I please. Next week Thanksgiving will be here. I'll have a few days off from work then. Those days will be filled with family and food and fun. That I guess really IS what I want; to be with family AND to be less restricted by school schedules.

Can I admit I'm really missing Colby?!! As he paid attention to what was happening around him he could walk into the room and perform peacemaking miracles. That lifesaving trait is being fine-tuned now. I can't spend a lot of time thinking about him because it too easily becomes a pity party. I want him here with us, with friends, with me! But I want him there...with the Lord...more.

My emotions are very close to the surface. I'm going to try to make that a positive, good thing!!! It's Wednesday, Colby's 5th Wednesday in the MTC. He and his companion (Elder Bryce Olsen of Orem) have just been named Zone Leaders. He will be an Elder helping and welcoming other Elders into Missionary service today. What a treat for some Elder today!!!

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

It will be a treat for the new missionaries coming in today! Doesn't Matt Porter go in today? Wouldn't that be funny if they got to see each other? It is so great that he is a Zone Leader. He will do wonderful things no matter where he serves.