Wednesday, November 10, 2010

When Junie came home from play practice on Monday she declared that she thought SHE had strep. Once again I peered down a throat. Yep, I was suspicious of her condition. We headed over to Instacare. The strep test was positive. She "took one for the gipper"--- a penicillin shot in her posterior. The shots ARE painful, but they're done and over in 5 minutes. Esther is savoring the "pink juice" 2 times a day until sometime next week. All of the kids will be in school today. I am considering a trip over to the Penicillin Palace as soon as I get Esther to school and Mirielle to work. All of my recent flashlight peeking down throats, and breathing-in their infirm air may have done me in.

ps--I DID go to the Penicillin Palace. I merely have a sore throat. No strep for me--hopefully. One quick test said "No". The 2 day test results will be back in 2 days.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

I'll cross my fingers that you don't have strep!

Ingrid said...

We are playing "pass the cough" here, not fun. I hear ya!

Shellie said...

hope everyone's better soon! And don't pass it on...I'm already pretty excited about getting to go to camp!