Monday, April 25, 2011

17-Easter

My interjections are in orange this week.

Hey!
Alright so last week, we went to the church to see if our 7 o'clock appointment would show up. Turns out that he decided to not come. That's ok because Guo Jie Fu came instead. He said that he had set up to meet with the missionaries. I guess he had called the Dong Qu Elder's old number and it was some other missionaries. That's ok because he lived in our area and we just so happen to be free. Turns out he had come back from China recently and had been doing some repenting and turning his life around and was ready to be baptised. He requested to be Baptised on Easter.

The question I have is this: Of the two dressed in white, which one is Guo Jie Fu?

It was a good Easter (: I love this work. Miracles happen ALL AROUND you. And if you tune in, you can see them and even take part in them. It just goes to show just how much the Lord really is in charge. I'm sure that Guo Jie Fu doesn't see it as a miracle, but I know that Elder Rostedt and I do, It was one of the best miracles that we've seen yet. We see them every day. And because of them, I know that this work is true. The fruit of the seed is just too sweet to say say otherwise.
One thing that we did this week was challenged a less active to read one chapter of the Book of Mormon everyday until he finishes it. It works out just about right that if he continues and does this he will have read it by the end of the year. We asked him what kind of blessings he thought he would receive from doing this and he said he would receive many many blessings. He wasn't sure how, but he knew that the Lord would bless him. We promised him some specific blessings and then invited him to do it. He committed and said that he would. I think that we will probably do this with a few other less actives and Recent Converts that we have.

Everything is going wonderfully here in Dong Qu. Thank-you for your constant help. Goodness this work is wonderful.

Yes the package came! Thank-you so much. It was all so wonderful and delicious. Elder Rostedt it especially thankful. I got the package while on Zone Leader Exchanges so I was able to share the Samoas with my awesome zone leader, Elder M'auai. He is also super thankful.

Does anyone have any more "Samoas" left --- that I could buy? I might make some "Brownie" points if I send more "Girl Scout" cookies. (Yes, pun intended) :D

I was thinking that in my next package, it'd be cool to put together a whole bunch of pictures of the family so that I can show people more of who I am talking about when I go on exchanges. If you do do that, please include a picture of the Daf, the Yurt, a picture of dad with his kilt visible and a picture of the Sorensens as well. Yeah! Thank-you for being such an amazing family.
Love Ya All!
-Elder Sanford

I'm pretty happy that Mother's Day is coming soon because he gets to call, and we'll get to talk to him. I'm not sure if he'll call way early on Mom's day or way late, .... it's irrelevant because WE'LL GET TO TALK TO HIM!!!!

No comments: