Monday, April 11, 2011

Week 15 Taiwan

Hey
Yes, this week was General Conference. and it was one of the best and most spiritual General Confernces that I have had. I really enjoyed each and every one of the talks, with special emphasis on Dallin H. Oaks' talk about Desire. So good. One talk that I am excited to reread because it all just went by too fast was from Sunday Afternoon is Lynn G Robbins all about the difference of BEING and DOING very interesting.
(Sad to hear that Arnold Freeberg died)
One experience that I want to share from this week happened last night. In our mission, the standard for sit down lessons is at least 30 in one week. When adding up the totals for the week last night, Elder Rostedt said, "Oh no, we only have 29". I was disappointed. We usually get a few morre than 30. So I went about calling back some people that gave me their phone numbers but didn't set up a time, to see if they were willing to set up. Not much luck though. On the very last one, I could hear that the 19/20 year old guy that answered he said he had no interest what so ever and was about to hang up when his friend stole the phone from him. He told me his name was Liu and that he was sorry for not coming to meet us a couple of days ago. I had no idea what he was talking about, but I started talking to him, about what he believed and then asked him if I could say a prayer to bless him before we hung up. He agreed and then set up to meet on Friday this week. We'll see how it all goes. All I know is that the Lord knows and cares about our goals. He wants us to hit them. When we set goals and consecrate our efforts into hitting them, we can accomplish them with the Lord's help. This gospel is so true.
Good to hear from all of you. I'm glad that all is well and people are having fun. YEAH Joey for getting Baptised this week, so much fun.
anyways, out of time almost
Love Ya All!
-Elder Sanford
P.S. I'll be looking for the package (:

No comments: