Monday, April 4, 2011

Yeah, it's 14 weeks already

Hey,
Yeah, it's 14 weeks already. Blows my mind aswell.
Time is pretty short today, for multiple reasons. We deep deep cleaned our kitchen. Even more than before. It's clean now. But we also had a Zone Activity that we attended where they introduce and answered any questions about a new follow-up system that is being implemented. Tomorrow, we are waking up at 6 in the morning and getting right on our bikes to "Sau Mu" or clean graves 45 minutes away. It's going to be good.
So yeah, just another hard working week here in Dong Qu. It is interesting that the Lord is always mindful of his servants. I have felt his love and his hand more and more this week as I have tried to concecrate myself more to the work. Elder Rostedt and I are having a great time though as well. Serving a mission is a blast.
Elder Rostedt told me a little bit about how the mind remembers things. I've been trying to find an efficiant way to memorize word because Phase 2 is straight vocab. The way that Elder Rostedt says it is that there are "drop-of points" at 2 days 4 days 1 week and 2 weeks before something is memorized. So I put together this chart to Memorize 50 words a day and then review those words on the "drop-off points". At the peak of the 1000 words I'll be memorizing 50 new words and reviewing 200 words each day. After coming up with this plan, I figured that it was going to be hard but I was excited about it. But I remembered what the Lord said to the Brother of Jared. That we are to try and figure out a way and then go to the LOrd to see what he has to say. It was great to pray and to tell the Lord my little plan and then ask to see what he thought. As I have been following my plan for the past couple days, it has been wonderful to feel the Spirit of the LOrd testifying to me that he is happy with me going forward and doing hard things. I know that as we all go forward and do hard things, trusting in the LOrd and always remembering him, we will be able to hit higher hights and grow more and more each and every day. WHOO!
It's good to hear that Conference is going to be good. I know it always will be, but I am so ready for it this time. I'm so excited for this next Sunday. I think that I have gained alot more of a testimony of Prophets and I'm so ready to recieve revelation from them, to me. YEAH!
I"m glad that you are all doing good and you got a chance to see Hair Spray together. Fun times. Keep doing all that you can and the Lord will bless you by making up the difference.
Love Ya All!
Elder Sanford

I think he sounds GREAT!!! We sure miss him, and it's hard to believe that in a few days he'll "hit" his 6 month mark!!! :D

No comments: