Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm still here

Wow! School is over! The month of May was so incredibly BUSY at Farrer Elementary School. The Carnival was the first weekend. The next weekend was the PTA Convention, then Spring Clean-up. Then it was Field day, the Talent Show, 6th Grade Graduation, and the Balloon Release & Dance Festival. Suzanne will officially take over as the PTA Pres. on 1 July. I complete my duties on the 30th. That's in 27 days, but really honestly, who is counting?

Jeff asked me what I was going to do now that school is over and PTA will soon not be my responsibility. I answered :"Work on Gingerbread House." This spring when I was at Woodbadge I met an incredible lady- Anita Keller. She is "over" the Gingerbread House Festival in November @ Thanksgiving point. She asked if I would help her with the festival. I was a little scared to commit, but I guess I got over that, because I am going to help find family friendly entertainment for the festival. Since the funds from the Festival go to benefit Children's programs (Scouts & PTA) I need to find Children's performing groups. Lila will help me. We've gone up to the Festival the last 2 seasons as volunteers at the Cookie decorating corner. It's a fun tradition we have going now! I love it!!... and Jeff is so supportive of my "crazy whims." I love him muchly!!!!!

2 comments:

Shellie said...

That sounds fun! I'm still not up to that big of a commitment to anything, maybe when the twins are older.

Anonymous said...

haven't we gone 3 times?