Thursday, September 10, 2009

Get ready for Friday Night Pizza

It's like a holiday...Friday. It might seem boring, and I've blogged about this before, but I LOVE Pizza, and our family LOVEs to have it every Friday. Lately, it seems we've had it another night of the week, too. I've shared it before but here's "my" recipe again.
2 Pizzas
Put 1 Tablespoon of yeast in 1 cup of warm water.
Let it start to dissolve a little. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Let it dissolve & grow a little. Add 1 teaspoon of salt.
Add 2 Tablespoons of oil. Mix in 2 1/2 cups flour. Mix only until it's barely "hanging together". It's ok if it seems a little gooey or sticky. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Divide the dough in half . Knead the first portion a little until it makes a good little ball. Dust the rolling out area with a scant amount of flour. Roll out. Repeat process with the other half. Decorate with Ragu or Hunts Spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, diced onions, green peppers, grated mozzarella, pepperoni, pinches of UNCOOKED ground sausage &/or hamburger. Whatever you want... Bake in a preheated 425* oven for 20 min.
NOTE: I used to precook the sausage meat and hamburger. About 7 years ago I watched my sister-in-law prepare her pizza. She didn't cook the meat. I couldn't believe it, but of course it's fine after 20 minutes in the 425* oven! So that's the way I do it now, too.

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

Best pizza on the planet-- you should open a restaurant!