Friday, September 11, 2009

Where were you?

Back eight years ago I was in my front room. The children had fallen asleep after scriptures. I remember thinking "I want to watch the TODAY show (back when Katie Couric was still there) for a few minutes before I re-wake the children for school." I flipped on the TV, and Katie was talking about an airplane that had apparently flown WAY off course into one of the Twin towers. A few minutes later she had a confused look on her face when she confirmed reports that a second plane had crashed into the neighboring tower. I was scared and dumbfounded...and then the buildings began to deteriorate before our eyes...oh, and somewhere in there I woke the children for school. Dibs and Clarence were the only ones in Public Education then. I remember wanting to keep them home from school, but we live across the street from the then functioning Maeser school so I did send them. I wanted them to try to have a normal day. I needed to talk to family ( both sets of Moms & Dads, and Brothers & Sisters) to make sure they were all okay. I was relieved that my and Jeff's immediate families were okay...and then I began hearing stories of people who were lost or those who had jumped out of the buildings. Wow...that was a long time ago!!!!


No comments: