Monday, September 21, 2009


Homecoming 2009
Dibs asked Natalie Larsen to the dance...kinda.  He came home one night telling about the scheme he devised.  He had carefully opened a box of popcorn and wrote his name on the inside, and then hot glued the box back together.  The note that went on the outside said something like:  "Find my name inside."  He told of delivering the box and getting caught kinda.  I then asked,"But did the note say anything about the dance?"  He had a puzzled look and then said, "No, No I guess it didn't."  We laughed and tried to figure out a solution.  I finally said, "You should go back with a note that says : Now that you've popped the corn, I'll pop the question--Will you go to Homecoming with me?"  He never actually had to take the note.  She figured it out and answered him with a box stuffed full of "Yes" and "No" slips.  At the bottom of the box there was a cookie the size of a pie that said "Yes" spelled out in M&M's.  It was the tie breaker.  
They had 5 other couples with them on the date.  Homecoming consisted of a day date and then dinner and then the dance.  For their "Day Date" they went on a photo scavenger hunt, in groups of 4.  I don't know who won, or if it was even set-up as a competition. Dinner was yummy lasagne, green salad, and bread at the acclaimed restaurant: "On the Rooftop"... :)   The family had fun putting that all together!  Dibs made Natalie's wrist corsage.  It's a white band that buttons, with cotton flowers--a pink one, a tiny black one and a white one.  I wonder if he took a close-up photo of it.  It matched her beautiful dress perfectly.  The dance was enjoyable.  Dibs wore his nice Sunday shoes but switched into his comfy Converse sneakers.  From what I know it was fun for everyone.  I hope so! 

2 comments:

Shellie said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and they look so cute!

mom said...

Such a cute picture. Mom