Sunday, March 27, 2011

I miss Colby. Don't misread me--I'm so happy for him and I love to hear of his successes and growth. That is the greatest joy any parent can have: To hear that one's children walk in truth.

But I miss him. I know when he comes home, he'll come to our home for a short while, and then he'll continue on with his life. I still want to be a part of it, and I guess I always will be in his life (because we are biologically connected), but it'll be different. It's supposed to be. We raise our children to leave home and have a good life.

I am praying that after the mission he'll have a little part in his heart for our family still and that he won't just run off into the sunset with never again a thought for us. I will come to grips with this by the time he comes home, but it's lonely-ish now as I think about it.

Do our heavenly parents experience this type of melancholy, too?

No comments: