Monday, March 14, 2011

Taiwan week 11

Hey!
So as for news of the Earth quake/Tsunami or what ever it was, I am just fine. In fact, I think that if nobody had told me about it, I would have no idea anything was even going on. The weather is nice here and just slowly going up and up in temperature. I am used to the humidity and it is actually kind of nice. I haven't had a bloody nose since I've been here!
So yes, I figured out the secret of missionary work! The key is the Spirit. I feel like I have had the spirit before, but not really focused on having it all of the time. As I have been taking alittle bit of time to do a spiritual check every so often to see if I have it with me, I have found out some things that detracted from the spirit that I didn't realize before. Elder Rostedt and 15 minutes here and there this week in companionship study and read a talk called Faith as a Principle of Power. I really loved what it said in there and look forward always increasing my faith, and increasing my spirit. In reading the Book of Mormon this week, I really loved what it said in Alma 4:19. Alma is very good at baptising people and I found it very interesting that in this verse, he saw "no way that he might reclaim them save it were in bearing down in pure testimony against them." I know that as I use my time as instructed in the white missionary handbook, I will be making the necessary sacrifices to purify myself spiritually so that I can give testimony that will point to Christ, even if they don't understand me. It was an interesting thought that hit me, but I'm enjoying it so far and, let me tell you, I love to feel the power and guidance of the spirit.
Yeah! Go Sara and Marsh! I want to see pictures of the little guy as soon as he's here!
Love Ya All!
ELder Sanford

No comments: