Monday, July 11, 2011

Taiwan 29

Hey!
So I was thinking this week about how dad's conversion story and I realized that I don't know the conversion story from your side mom. Who was the first to hear about the Gospel and how did that start? Why were they interested in it?

Wow! You're going back home! That will be fun. I think that you'll like it. Keep me informed. I'm not allowed to email people outside of my immediate family, but I can get permission to email grand parents as well. So I'll ask about that.

OH! So this week, I got to go to a "specialized training meeting" for people who aren't in a leadership position. When I got there, I ran into a missionary who said, "Ahh, Elder Sanford, you're translating for us today." Knowing that that kind of a thing would be impossible, I sarcastically said "Yup, you know it!" but when I got inside, and looked at the program, I found that under the "translation" spot was Elder Sanford. Nobody had told me. But yeah, I said a little prayer and translated for the chinese missionaries who attended the meeting, from 9 am until 5 pm. It was so intense. Did you ever feel like you learned completely different things from a talk because you were translating? At first I didn't feel like I learned anything, but looking back, I can remember alot more of what was said, and thinking back on it all, I have received some inspiration that I probably wouldn't have other wise. Fun stuff.

Thank you for all of your love and help and prayers. I hope that you have a good week!
-Elder Dib Sanford

No comments: