Monday, July 18, 2011

week 30 in Taiwan

Hey !
yeah, it was a good week. ALOT OF RAIN. I'm going to have to buy my self a new pair of shoes later today because for the past month I've been letting the holes in my soles get bigger and bigger. I actually just wear plastic bags over my socks in my shoes and the water isn't too big of a problem. But two or three times this past week, I had a couple times where I came to a stop and the wholes some how got caught on my pedals and I fell over sideways into my companion. I caught myself before I fell on my face each time, but I can imagine it being bad if I couldn't get my feet off in time and... yeah that would be bad. So there is this place that sells alot of different kind of shoes. We'll see what I get. Some thing with a pretty hard sole? How are your shoes holding up?
It's a good thing that I have to be in bed each day at a specific time or I would probably stay up late reading the scriptures. It seems like I just can't get enough time with them.
What do I eat? In the morning it is usually pretty much the same. A bowl of Quaker's Oats with Soy milk poured over it. I usually have a banana or two chopped up in there too. (I got the package this week! Thank-you so much! ) I've enjoyed having a sprinkle of cranberries in my oats every morning (and I've been sharing the candy with some of the people in the ward. They don't have anything like that here. and the butter mints were especially good because they were red white and blue so it was for sure American!) I've also had some toast in the mornings recently because a member has been giving us a loaf of wheat bread each week. For lunch and dinner there are a few different options. We always eat out on the street. I have recently found a really sharp bread shop that makes very classic loaves of bread. THey have walnuts and different berries in them. I enjoy going there every so often. we go to this place called Da Fu Jiang which is a "bian dang" place. That means that there is a huge line of different dishes that you go along and pick out what you want to eat and then at the end some lady looks at what you got and says how much you owe her and gives you a bowl of rice. It's usually really good, and not too expencive. If it's not a bread shop or bian dang place, then we just find a random street vendor and pick up a mango or a couple bananas or a guava or something. On occasion, members will invite us over to eat and it is usually just like the bian dang place. That way of eating is very popular. and delicious.

Thank-you for sharing the conversion story of your side, and the story about grandpa. What else? I really love hearing stories like that. I'm going to share the conversion with somebody this week and it's going to help them come to Christ.THank-you for my "call letter". In reading it, I realised a couple of good, key things. Have a good time. Tell everybody hello for me! (oh and the KC temple is looking great!) love ya!
-Elder Dib Sanford.

No comments: