Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Week 31 in Taiwan


Yeah!
Hey!

Cool, you're in California. that's really fun. Mom, I'm glad to hear that visiting the parents in KC went well. I hope that you have a good time on the road and at the Oakland Temple!

I gad a great week this week . We just got back from Ping Tung where a member took us to the Shabu Shabu place where we ate. It is a place that you have a pot of boiling soup in front of you, and you can go to this big bar of things to throw in. There is a lot of great selection. A lot of great things that you can eat without boiling them either. Eggs, Tomatoes, Lettuce, Tofu. You usually make up a little bowl of seasonings to dip the stuff that you boil in. Probably a step up from what you had... you went to Chinatown? Cool. I want to go! I hear that they speak a lot of Cantonese there. but they probably still speak alot of Mandarin there as well. That be a fun thing. Yeah don't drink the tea.

We had a baptism this week! His name is Pan. Very cool guy. He already has his masters in electronics, but he is testing to get into another big university. He was first introduced to the church when he came for free English class! Yeah!

Yeah, I was reviewing some of the Conference talks from this past session. Going through them, I found a couple of really good parts. One thing that President Monson said that I liked was, "Don't ever do or say anything of which you would not be proud". When I read it it made a lot of sense to me. I also read over President Uchtdorf's talk, "On the Road to Damascus". I think that it is so great. Just go out and do. Don't wait for the miraculous confirmation. It will all come over time. Good stuff. I'll have to look over Elder Bednar's talk again.

Ok, well, have a good rest of the month! It's almost over and it went by so quickly. Man. Thank you for all of the love and support!

Well, I hope that everybody has a good week and that the trip back is safe! Tell Claire good luck and to use her head.

-Love Ya!
Elder Dib Sanford.

No comments: