Friday, September 16, 2011

T38--Lost and Found

Colby wrote more on the 12th and it was jumbled in with eBay mail so I didn't find it until the 15th. He sounds happier. I'm so glad!!!

Hey!
OK,
So Yes, new companion, new area. ELDER LIU in YUAN LIN. Party. He is a really great missionary and we are going to get a lot done this next move call. The apartment is cool and has two floors. I get the bed right next to the window! I really am going to miss Elder Gardner and his wonderful humble example of missionary service. But I'm really going to love getting the work done here in Yuan Lin.
YEAH!
So this week, we had a great time just getting to work. On Monday, we got Elder Gardner's bike fixed. Tuesday was District training meeting. Later in the night, we met with some really great people. Zhang Jie Mei. She started coming to church and really loves it. It is hard to meet with her because she is doing so many ward activities and playing with the members. Just the way it's supposed to be. Wednesday, We met this really amazing man that lives in China. He knows that the Church is true. He goes up to the mountains and prays all of the time. We gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon and he said that next time he comes back to Taiwan, he will have it read. He's getting baptized for sure!
Thursday, we met with and had an amazing lesson with an Aboriginal lady who has three kids. She is really amazing and loves the church. She even used the term "OUR church" in reference to the LDS church. Yeah. Friday.Good hard day. We did alot of contacting on the street and found a lot of people. On Saturday, I finally had a chance to eat the famous "Cold Hot Ice" in Chao Zhou. People come from all over Taiwan to eat this stuff. It like a snow cone that has a bunch of hot (temperature-wise) things in it. Like peanuts and Lu Dou Pieces. Really good. Thought it'd be good to get in before I left. Sunday, we had 102 people at church and at night we celebrated the Mid Autumn Festival. HUGE holiday. Anybody who is anybody does a barbque. cool. Got a good good bye.
Great new changes. I am loving my scripture study as well. I have recently started the Book of Mormon over again. I am taking a lot of time to write things that come to my mind and I am getting a lot of personal revelation. I love it.
Thank-you for everything!
Love Ya!
Elder Sanford.


No comments: