Monday, September 26, 2011

Taiwan 40

Hey
Today is a good day. I left the apartment and just had a good feeling. We have plans this week to get a lot of work done. And we saw a big miracle with two of our less active recent convert friends. Two kids who's father doesn't have a job. We went over there earlier in the week and just simply told him about the covenants his children made when they were baptized and the help that he needed to provide for them. They showed up at church. And even though he couldn't make it (to church), he was very glad to have a second sit down with us yesterday night where we shared a little bit out of the Book of Mormon about Captain Moroni. He was very willing to accept a copy and start to read. Wonderful.
So I haven't told you about any of my fixing drier experiences. All of the driers that I have had in all of my apartments have had one problem or another. In my last one, the belt broke. I took it apart and looked at it. I made a new wheel out of water bottle. I put a new belt on and It snapped again. The spring that wheel was on was bad and didn't line up correctly, so I ordered a new one. When I was putting on the new wheel, I wasn't careful and didn't unplug the machine. Yeah electricuted. It was weird and I'm pretty sure I almost went into shock, but hey, the drier works now. In the drier I have in this apartment, they didn't use the drier because it left a lot of black marks on the clothes. ALL OVER the clothes. I looked at it and saw that the main drum was loose and sagging so where it met the rim , there was a little gap that the clothes would get caught in and then pulled back out of, leaving the black marks. So I just turned it up side down. THat put the drum in the right place and the drier it working great!
So other than that, I have been trying to study "Preach My Gospel" It's been pretty good. I also had a chance to attend "Leadership Training Meeting" which is only for leaders. I am not a leader or even a senior companion, but I was asked to attend. We'll see if that means anything. I learned a lot either way.
Anyways, I hope that you have a good week.
-Elder Sanford

No comments: