Monday, September 26, 2011

Tunnel Singing

When I was at BYU I went tunnel singing at least once. Last night Claire (a Senior at Provo High) and her friend Andrew along with Junie and a bunch of others went Tunnel singing. There is an underground walkway (tunnel) near the Marriott center. She's telling me about it and it's bringing back warm memories. They sang LDS hymns a cappella. Halfway through the hour (10:30 pm) the leader said "Okay, everyone sit down. Now is the time we are going to acknowledge the Missionaries. All who have received their calls please stand." They introduced themselves and stated where they were going to be serving as missionaries. Next the crowd sang "Called to Serve". As I imagine it I can hardly stop crying. It sounds so cool. Good kids singing hymns to Him is a great way to end the Sabbath!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to go! when and where do they do this?

roger said...

just south of the marriott center, or at least used to be. http://www.facebook.com/byutunnelsinging might help