Wednesday, October 12, 2011

42nd week in Taiwan

Hey !
Yeah, Conference was really good. I got the impression that we all just needto work hard and endure to the end, be a testimony of Christ at all times and read/memorize the Book of Mormon. I am personally going to start memorizing alot of scriptures. I am also going to write in my journal alot. I have been a little bit behind lately, but I know that it is important.

Last Tuesday, we met with our ward correlator who is also american. He doesnt' know any chinese because he teaches english here. We ate these really great egg roll rice things. We also were lied to and drank just a sip of hong cha or red tea. Ooops. Accident.

Wednesday was cool. we are planning this big English open house thing for the end of the movecall to invite more people to come to take part in the English program.... so that we can get more people to come to the church and get more people baptised. yeah. It will be fun. I have to put together a play of the Three little pigs.

On Thursday, we met again with one of our progressing investigators who is pretty much done with smoking. He is the one that I got the chance to fast with afew weeks ago to help him over come this problem. His addiction is going away! he's a really cool and happy guy who I will be so happy when he is baptised.

On Friday, we took a train to meet with a 14 year old. We shared with him about what the Lord expects of him. He set a goal to be baptised in a few weeks. Cool. He brought two friends with him as well. I thought that they would be a distraction, but they actually did really well and helped us read.

Saturday: CONFERENCE. I really liked the saturday sessions. I got alot of personal revelation and I know that the things I learned will help me with my investigators aswell.

Sunday: what? yess... CONFERENCE. It was all very good. I really liked Elder Bednar's talk. I think that it makes so much sense for kids to get into family history work. I also really liked all that was said about The Savior. I am excited to read over the talks again. Favorite? Maybe Ian S. Ardern's talk.
Good week.

Today, we had an interesting Zone activity and went up to the zone leader's area. We first played Ultimate Frisbee and then had a little devotional followed by going and eating at a huge all you can eat Steak place. When it was first announced, I was a little bit frustrated. It sounded like the exact opposite from what I wanted to do at the time. I'm not super fond of playing sports or eating meat at all, but I went into it in the right spirit and really had a good time. and alot of salad! It was a good day in which, despite the circumstances, I strengthened my relationship with the Zone, which was the idea of it all.
I have been loving waking up and having granola and cranberries. It' pretty much all done now. THanks again for sending me such a wonderful birthday package.
I hope that you have a good week!
-Elder Sanford

No comments: