Monday, October 17, 2011

Taiwan week 43

Hey mom!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! this week.
The Chinese hymn book does have "Once in Royal David City". It is page 126 in there.

Well it has been a pretty good week. Elder McAllister have been learning alot and eating really healthily. I found out how delicious and cheap tofu is. Great stuff. You can get two pounds for 30 cents american. AND YOU CAN DO ANYTHING WITH IT. Also, it is a great source of protein. Good stuff.

Nothing particularly special happened this week until last night until about 9:30 when Elder McAllister and I got the call that we will both be training next move call. Cool stuff. We are going to be splitting the area that we are in. He is going to move to the other Elder's Apartment which is being turned into a 4 man and I am going to be staying right where I am. (Yeah! I don't have to pack!) DId you ever get to train on your mission? How was it? Any tips? I'm really excited. We will be going to a training meeting on Wednesday and then we will go back to pick up our the new missionaries on Friday morning. After that, we will just get to work like usual! There have been some changes recently about the way that the church is having people be trained. There is a strict 12 week program that is going to be followed, so I am certain to be with my new companion for two move calls. I'm really excited.
In thinking back to General Conference, one thing that really hit me was that I didn't have a huge source of memorized scriptures in my mind to pull from. So this week I have been taking a little bit of personal study time to memorize some. I have been loving it alot. I memorized D&C 121:34-46 because it has always been a favorite of mine. I also have been starting to take a bite out of the Book of Mormon Scripture Masteries. I have the first five or six of them. I love it. I also find that as I am thinking about the scriptures that I am memorizing, I can very easily apply them to my situation RIGHT NOW. It has strengthened my testimony of the Scriptures even more. I have a plan to memorize all of the Book of Mormon Scripture Masteries in the next two weeks and then hopefully start into memorizing all of Moroni 7. Good stuff.
Well, I'm glad to hear that everything is going well.

Thank-you so much for all of the prayers and insights this week!
I hope you have a good this week.
Love ya!
-Elder Sanford

No comments: