Tuesday, October 25, 2011

T44

Perhaps he's trying something new. Perhaps he's busy training his new companion (he's unnamed at this point, but we do know his nationality: Canadian). Perhaps he doesn't know there are peops who are interested and like to hear of his comings and goings? He didn't send a "public, passalong" email this week. In fact I didn't get a letter from him. I'll passalong snips from emails to Jeff and Lila.

Colby was grateful for Tofu recipes Lila sent. The Internet place he went to had no USB ports or if they existed, they were disabled. So no new pics this week.

Colby said :" read a talk by Elder Bednar this past week. It is called "Things As They Really Are". I think. Well it's just how computers and simulation should be used to enhance life and not be a substitute for it. We have an investigator who just spent three days at an internet cafe and nobody knew where he was. Very addicted."
Colbs has had a fun time showing his new companion around the area. There are great places to eat.

He also said, "it is interesting training. After every contact, I am trying to stop and talk about what we did, things that he might have wished to say. and that kind of stuff. I'm really grateful for the chance to train. He is for sure my best friend right now, and he will always be a great friend. THank you for all of your love and advice.

The good thing is that we DO get contact from him weekly. I think I'd go really nuts if I had to wait for paper letters. Some might argue that I'm already nuts. You know what I really mean.

No comments: