Monday, December 1, 2008

Tax day has arrived--no wonder Jeff looked ill this morning

Merry Christmas to the Utah County Treasurer...NOT!  Okay--it is my own fault that our house tax payment of $40.77 shy of one grand wasn't prepaid at all this year.  I had them send me the coupons, but I failed to ever send them a penny... there have been other things that the mulah was needed for.  So we defer Christmas to the UT County Treasurer.  I hope the treasurer has fun. Honestly, I know, I know the taxes go to valid things like public education (for the most part) but please allow me this pity party--just for a bit.  Maybe it'll help me be more disciplined to turn SOMETHING in before next year during Christmas!  I just want to know why can't they "rob" us at some OTHER time of year?  URG!                      
I actually feel a tad better after venting.    
I think I'll go have a hot cocoa, after which I'll surely be in a much better mood.

1 comment: