Thursday, January 20, 2011

KC Temple

When I was growing up in the Gracemor Neighborhood in suburban Kansas City MO, I remember the friends we had. It was a new development. We were young families. There were only 7 in our family (Momma & Daddy and we 5 girls) when we moved in. Over the years we became 10 (with the addition of 3 brothers). I pretty much had my friends next door. There was Russell Sickman to the south of us, and Jeri, Linda, and Ray Moulder to the north...and the Thompson's just past them. My older sisters "branched out". My sister Jonna had a friend who lived up the block and around the corner. Our backyards ALMOST joined. They were/are the Simpson's. (That was WAY before the cartoon show.) Chris used to come over. She and Jonna were very good friends. Chris was always smiling and I still remember her cute laugh/giggle.

Just the other day, Chris took the photo of the Kansas City Temple that is above. Chris grew up and moved away from Gracemor--as many of us have. (She's about 5 minutes away from Momma and Daddy.) She and Jonna still keep in contact. The photo is from Chris' home, from her deck. I'm so glad she shared it. I hope she doesn't mind that I am sharing it with you. When the Temple is completed, I hope Chris will visit the Open House.

1 comment:

Jude said...

When we moved to Gracemor in 1964 it was to be close to the anticipated new airport so as to be close to Dads work. Turns out we moved to be close to the KC LDS Temple. What a smart move.