Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Taiwan Week 3


Here is his letter we got in the wee hours of this morning.

"OK!
SO I have about five minutes to be able to write you because we are a little pressed for time from the Temple trip. It was a wonderful and fun experience and am super grateful for it though. We were in a super fancy travel bus that actually isn't too uncommon for Taiwan and really cheap. We watched classic church films all of the way up. It's fun to see the old videos from the past and how much the church's productions have improved. I wonder what they are going to be coming out with next?
This week has been just about as cold as it gets here in Taiwan. So yeah, we sleep with the heater on and a few extra blankets, it's good though. The people in Taiwan just wear really huge coats all of the time instead of making houses that can contain any sort of heat. Infact, most of the places that we go will have their doors open wide all day. So yeah, pretty insane. I'm still trying to get used to it. Another thing that I'm still getting used to is that we take our shoes off at everybodies home. I love the Idea actually, but I think that I may have to invest in some slip-on shoes so that we can be in and out of people's houses quicker and be able to do more for the Lord in less time.
Thank-you all for your mail. I love getting mail from you all. The Lord is there and watches out for all of his children. I love that fact.
Well, I'll write more next week, but THank-you again for all of the love that is being sent to me. I love ya all!
-ELder Sanford"

Last week he mentioned that his preparation day would be moved--but gave no indication as to why. I'm so happy he was able to go to the Taipei Temple! I wonder how often they get to go.

He sounds good, but I know I need to "pump-it-up" on the letter side! Our family is good about writing emails (I'm so thankful that that is available to us), but I need to do better about handwritten letters.

If any of you wish to write him--do so! Here's his address. We've been asked to write to this (his Mission Home address) and the mail will be given to him. That makes it easier I suppose. Only one address to memorize for the rest of the time. :D

Elder Colby Sanford
404-15
Taiwan Taichung Mission
498-11 Wu Chuan Rd.
Taichung,Taiwan
R.O.C.

No comments: