Thursday, January 13, 2011

Taiwan Week 2 , 3 month mark

So this week I will recount part of his letter and share part of his letter. Colby started out by thanking for the letters he's received and mentioned there was a "Zone thingy". I hope that it was enjoyable. As a Missionary I loved the time when I had contact with the other Missionaries. We shared success stories and ideas on how to succeed.

Colby then talks of a teaching a young boy whose father first said he could get baptized yet after the Baptismal interview the father said no. Maybe the entire family approach will be better? (now here is part of his letter):

"So prayers for us to know what to do to move forward would be nice. Elder Buenning and I are being as obedient as we can and using our time to the best of our ability to help with it. I pray that it will work out. I personally think that the family getting involved is a good thing and that it will give them all more exposure to the gospel. The Lord will prepare a way.

Other than that, the whole week has been pushing it to the limits and trying to get as much of the Lord's work done as possible. I passed off the first section of "Phase 1" which is the Chinese program that Taiwan has. I've seen blessings there too because it means a lot of hard memorization and planning. Most missionaries don't do it all this fast. There are 7 pass-offs before "Phase 2" which focuses more on the day to day vocab, where as Phase 1 is all focused on the Lessons that we are teaching. I hope to get "Phase 1" done my first move call. 5 more weeks. I can do it! THank-you all so much for your prayers and mail. I love ya All."

Today is Colby's 3 Month mark. I can't say it has completely sped by, but time has seemed to pick-up compared to that first week. HAPPY 3 MONTHs!!!!! :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can we get his address? We've love to write.

Jam said...

Mishel-thanks, I'm sure he'd LOVE to hear from you! Here it is:

Elder Colby Sanford
Taiwan Taichung Mission
498-11 Wu Chuan Rd.
Taichung,404-46 Taiwan
R.O.C.