Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Taiwain week 8

Here's most of his email. I've decided that some things are just for family, but much of his letters are for all to see. Enjoy:

Hey,
It was pretty interesting this week, still getting used to all of the changes. New apartment, new companion. and on top of that, I got called to be the English Coordinator. Yeah I don't even know english, let alone chinese. The calling just consists of running the English class that our district teaches every night at the church. We will see how it all works out.
When you decide to go forward and serve the Lord the best you can no matter the circumstances, it is interesting to see what all happens. In fact it is really fun. THis work is a blast. WHen we split the areas, it took a little getting used to, but Elder Rostedt and I are really getting the hang of it I think. YEsterday, we had a husband and his wife come to church. We were so happy that they came and when we talked to them they said that they liked the feeling of the church. We also found out that they are planning on starting a family. We got so excited to have them to teach. So we set up a time to meet at their house. Then we asked them for their address and found out that they are just out of our area. In thinking back on it, I would have thought that I might be mad or something, but the Lord gave me a little miracle. He comforted me and let me know that Elder Johnson and Elder Tate in Taiping are the exact Elders that they need to help them come into the church. He also let me know that we would need to be focusing our time on others. It was such a wonderful experience and I can't wait for them to get baptised and start their ETERNAL FAMILY. WHOO!!!
ELder Rostedt and I are having a great time here in Dong Qu and Zhong Qu. THis week the whole week had "POWER CLEANNING-DAY". So we were supposed to stay at our apartments all of P-Day and Clean. There was a huge list that we were given and the apartment looks great and the spirit is strong. It being our new apartment, we have kind-of been cleaning up after the last ELders that lived there this whole week when we had time, but it was nice to finish it all off. I can't wait to hit this week hard and serve the Lord!

I don't have much time because getting through the cleaning list took a little longer than we thought, but just know that I am serving hard and I am so glad that eveybody sounds like they are having a good time back home, I pray for you all!
Don't ever forget to pray.
I am getting closer and closer to the Lord each and every day and I am loving it. I know that he lives.
Love Ya All!
Elder Sanford

No comments: