Monday, February 28, 2011

Taiwan: week 9

Our friend Glen Thurston returned from his mission to Portugal this last Friday. It went relatively fast...from our viewpoint. Someday it'll seem that fast about Colby's mission too. It's good to hear Colby sounding so upbeat and happy. Here is the email this week.

Hello!
This week has been interesting. I'm so glad to hear all about what is happening back at home. wait... GLEN IS HOME? He left like yesterday. That's wierd. Yeah it seems like it wasn't really that long. I guess in reallity it wasnt' that long, but it all seems so fast. It's intersting to look back at the last 4 months and see how much I feel I have grown. I feel like it really went by quickly though.
And Claire got her ears pierced? wierd.
The Bai family that I talked about who we turned over to the other missionaries is doing great. I was super excited to see them come to church and he was even wearing a white shirt and suit coat. They were welcomed over the pulpit into the ward even though it was only their second time coming. Oh and Chen Zhen Wei is getting baptised on saturday. I'll have to send you pictures. IT's going to be boss. He is so ready for it too. HE is excited to get to go to the temple as well, because he spends monday through friday up in Tai Bei. He'll have to wait a year, but he says he is excited. IT really is exciteing to se the progress he has made in the church. This last week, I was sitting next to him in sunday school and he was flipping through the Book of Mormon and making his own notes. I know that all of the progress that he has made in the church is prettymuch based off of the fact that he doesn't just read every day, but he really searches the scriptures. I feel like it is an active and exciting thing for him, so he really gets into the gospel. I have felt the influence of the Book of MOrmon in my life these past two weeks aswell. Since zone conference when the whole mission started the Book of Mormon from the beginning, I have had the great opportunity to start really search out the scriptures as well. We were challanged to mark each time there is a name of Christ, each time a Cistlike attribute is mentioned, when Christ speaks and the Doctrine of Christ in the Book of MOrmon. As I have done this, I have found alot more than just that. I have found practical aplications to myself and those I teach. The best thing that I have found so far from reading is that my day is better. My day is far easier when I have the Spirit with me for the day from this special time I get in the morning. My contacting is more powerful. Even if they do reject the message, I feel strengthened because of the Testimony I shared by the spirit. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon. I am so greatful for Nephi's powerful example. I am so greatful for Jacob's wise word's to his people and his respect for the wifes and children of his people that he has. I know that they are prophets of God and that strengthens my testimony that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet, which helps me to know my calling here has purpose. So each time I leave the door, I can look and say "what can I do? what can ELDER SANFORD do for the Lord today? why does the Lord want ME here today?" Yes the Book of Mormon is great and so is the Gospel all of it. From priciple of faith to the chance for Eternal Marriages. It is wonderful.
Well, I have another 20 months of good solid mission infront of me. I'm very appreciative of the prayers that are said in my behalf. Please say thank-you again to The Sorensens, The Sundblooms, The Hillams, Sam and anybody else that I forgot to thank that is helping support me on my mission. I know that this church is true. There is no doubt there. As I go forward doing what I need to do, I know that the Lord will give me all of the blessings he has instore for me. I love this work. I love the ward
Love Ya All!
ELder Sanford



No comments: