Monday, February 14, 2011

Taiwan: POWER WEEK (#7)

So last week a friend and I had a conversation about Missionary letters. As a result of that I decided I won't correct Colby's spelling errors. There aren't that many to begin with. He's always rushed to get the email out. Maybe things will be a little different now that he has a different companion? (The being rushed part. I don't think spelling errors will change.) So here it is. He sounds good! What do you think? :

Hey!
This week was power week which means that we left the door one hour early every single day and all of our meals were eaten on the go. To say the least, it was intense. I am really greatful for the exprience though. I have seen alot of miracles because of it. We have 2 new investigators who have come and are well on their way to being baptized. I know that we would not have found either one if we were not trying to hit the higher goals that we're set. One of the investigators was even in our apartment. We were booking it home and needed one more sit down on power sit down day. We had said a prayer right before leaving to get back home that we would hit our goal. right as we were getting close to our apartment a guy on a scooter passed me and I called out to him. Suprizingly he slowed down and I sped up to talk to him. We ended up squeezing in one more sit down right before the end of the night. He is the most humble man that I've contacted and come to find out, he lives in our apartment. We have been able to visit him every night since for a few minutes right before heading in the door. It is such a blessing and I know that it came from doing all that I could durring this power week.
Oh and yes, it was move call. Elder Buenning and I knew that our area was splitting so we were getting ready for that. We were also open to the possibility that we may not stay together. We were not ready for the possibility that Elder Buenning, who is only on his 7/8 move call would be called to be Zone Leader though. Usually you go zone leader on your 11/12th maybe 10/11th. Yeah. So what was once Taiping is now Taiping and Taiping East. I have Taiping east, which consists of Dongxu and Zhongxu. It is interesting to be serving with not Elder Buenning and for sure different. I have a new, very humble companion named Elder Rostedt. He's from Austrailia. It will be a new experience serving with Elder Rostedt for this next while. It is always interesting to make new friends with people from other countries that have other goals and things, let alone serving with them and being with them 24/7. I'll update more on him next week because I have no time left, but I'll try to send a picture of us in just a second.
Like I said, I am in a hurry because we couldn't find an internet place in our new area for a while, but I just want to say that I am growing more and more in the gospel each and every week. As I talk to everybody, my testimony is being thrown out there and I am testing it. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that he is the Savior and Redeemer of this world. Nothing would even be worth it without him. I am so greatful for the chance that I have to serve him for these next short time.
I'll have alot more next week, but for now, know I'm serving hard!
Love ya All!
Elder Sanford

It's so fun to get these emails! When I get the picture of his new companion switched to not be sideways, I'll post it so you can see him, too.

No comments: