Sunday, June 5, 2011

Food for thought...on Fast Sunday

So I just realised that my life is strung together by one food event to the next...I mean... yep, that's exactly what I mean. Food is an "event"....something to look forward to. I know it should be different. Food is necessary to keep the "engine" going, but it shouldn't be one's main emphasis or enjoyment in life.

Here's an example that may or may not make sense. Monthly as we get ready for Stake Children Baptisms we remind the families that if they are planning a celebration (which usually means: food event) that it be scheduled in another place, not in the Stake Center. We want to have a separation of the Party from the Baptism. When the children remember their sacred covenant of Baptism we hope they remember it separate from the party.

Life is like that. Enjoyable, but it doesn't always have to have food to MAKE it enjoyable and meaningful.... This is a whole new mindset for me. I'm not perfect. I do think there is more to think about on this subject. It's ok to have parties and food and sharing, but I really want to try to separate it all---at least in my brain.


No comments: