Monday, June 20, 2011

Taiwan week 26 --Prayers

Hey,
Whoo, so now I am on my 5th move call.
I am still in Chao Zhou with Elder Braby and we are going to tear it up this next six weeks. We had an amazing sit down with a father of one of our recent converts. I feel like he believed everything that we had said in the past, but then said,"Ok, that's how Christians do it". But in "Preach My Gospel", it says that to help people with no background in Christ, you just need to help them have spiritual experiences of your own. We met with him last week and invited him to take a little time out of his day to pray with his family every single day. He had done that all this week, and I could see the difference. We had a Chen Mei Gui come and be part of the lesson. She bore some pretty powerful testimony of the Plan of Salvation and then invited Zhang Ba Ba to do a very personal prayer and ask Heavenly Father if he was there or not. It was great. On the way home, Elder Braby and I started talking about what we could do to teach with more power and more authority. It was a good conversation. I came to the conclusion that I need to focus on using the scriptures and SYLing. It's so much fun so see who you want to be and then see how you can get there. Goal setting is awesome.
I'm glad to hear that all is going well at home and that the Robin is out zipping around the streets of Provo. I can't wait to drive it.
One of the things that I have been studying alot about lately is prayer. There is so much said about prayer and how to "pray right". Communicating with our Heavenly Father is a HUGE thing. We always tell investigators that there is no such thing as a bad prayer, which I don't think that there is, but there I have had some really great prayers in the past that I really felt in harmony with the spirit. So yes praying is important. but there are so many questions that come up that can be confusing like is an out loud prayer better, or how long should it be and things like that. In my studies, I have found that the most important thing it praying with a sincere intent. In a letter that Shan sent me, I think that she said it well;"Praying with real intent is praying with the intent on actually acting on the answer that you receive." It is so true. I love feeling the power in prayers that I have had lately. I haven't been worrying about if it is to long or short or if I forgot something, but that I really mean the things that I say and am willing to act according to my answers. Just something that I've been thinking about lately.
Thank-you all for your prayers and support from home!
Love ya All!
Elder Sanford
P.s. Yeah! to June who got into advanced dance for next year. (Thank you for the lovely letters June)

No comments: