Monday, June 13, 2011

Taiwan week 25

Elder Sanford & Elder Braby last week at the aquarium in Hung Qun. Fun times.
(Hopefully at some point I'll turn it right side up.)

Hey,
Well this week was good.

The assistants randomly decided to go on exchanges with us after Combined District Training Meeting on Thursday. It was so much fun. The assistants right now are Elder Weng (from Singapore) and Elder Cocke. Elder Cocke was with us. He's a great missionary and was a big help to Elder Braby and me. He had a lot of words of advice, but I think that he helped us most in the nightly planning process. Planning has a big influence on the rest of the day, so it was really helpful. He's vegetarian too. I think that he has one more move call after this one. Oh, which this move call is over next Monday. Weird. It went by way too quickly. I should probably send a picture of my new companion before I have to send one of my next one. Yeah, I'll get on that.

Anyways, yes, this week was good. It sounds like all is good at home as well. One cool thing that happened was the Fang family invited us over for food. We thought, OK this is just like any other invitation to eat and were generally excited. The Fang father is a less active because of work, but he is solid. The wife and son are super solid and come to church all of the time aswell. There is an old grandma there as well that sits in the corner by the tv and smokes and is OLD. Not sure who she is related to actually or if she even has any relation...Anyways, when we showed up, the first counselor was there with his family. Then the second counselor in the Stake Presidency's family all showed up, and then the Bishops family, and then the Guo family who are all super cool and then the Hung Qun's Branch Presidency and his family and everybody brought a whole bunch of food and it was all just one big happy get together. It made me miss linger longers and ward activities. It was really fun though. It was as if the whole ward was just together in this little house/hair salon thing, just eating and talking. It was good to talk to some really important people about what the Ward Plan is and what we can do to help, and when they all can come help teach lessons and that kind of thing. And after that, we got Brother Wang to drive us to the neighboring township and help teach the Zhang family. Brother Wang bore some pretty powerful testimony about sacrifices and how we need to make those sacrifices in our lives. It was over all a great lesson. This Zhang family lives next door to a member in the ward who takes their recently baptized son to church every week. We have been working with the Zhang family for a while and I think we're actually going to start making some progress soon! YEAH! ETERNAL FAMILIES!!!!

Yeah to Logan for cleaning his room!
Sounds like everybody else is having a wonderful summer so far. I'm glad to hear it.

I know that the work that I am doing is a sacrifice that will bring many blessings in the future. I'm so glad that I can serve the people here in Taiwan. It is a spiritual blast. I love it.
Thank-you for all of the prayers!
Love ya all!
-ELder Sanford

No comments: