Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Taiwan week 24

Hey,
Yeah, I've been on island for all of 5 month now. Cool. Time flies.
Elder Braby and I are working hard. My experience here in Chao Zhou is so much different from the experience I had in Tai Zhong. I feel like I am finally getting it. Of course this is not the first time and I know that it won't be the last time. BUt so many more things are clicking. You know when you just have that moment when things are all just going right? I love that feeling. But I also know that without heavenly father, NONE of this would be possible. In reality, He could do this all on his own, but he gives me the chance to serve here to gain the experience. I love it.

We had a very intense sitdown this week. It is interesting to notice that my number of sitdowns has gone down since being in Chao Zhou. But the quality of the sitdowns is really increasing. I am getting a chance to really look people in the eye and have wonderful conversations with them. This particularly intense sitdown that we had came as a result of really listening to the investigator when he talked. He opened up and told us his whole life story and all of the trouble that he has been having in the past 20 years. He said that it was impossible to be able to feel peace in his heart. I am excited to be able to follow up with him this next week and see how the Book of Mormon has influenced him. It is so wonderful knowing that it is true and not having to wonder. Knowing with a perfectness that if he reads and really wants it, then he will feel that peace in his heart. So good!
SO yeah biking around here in Chao Zhou is really a blast.
Today, Elder Braby and I went down to Chao Zhou and saw the ocean and an aquarium. It was really fun. It was really blue and bright out. The Ping Dong ELders set up the trip. A Ping Dong member drove us down. Really good time.
I have really loved reading the Book of Mormon this past week and really feeling of the power that has. It is the best book on the planet! Everybody should read it everyday of their lives. Not because I said so, but because if you do, you will really see the change. Reading and pondering it will help you to know how to have peace in this life and salvation in the life to come. I really love it.
This next week is going to be Combined District Training meeting. It will be fun. And I should be getting some water filters soon... that will be good.
I hope that you all have a wonderful week!
Love ya all!
-Elder Sanford.

No comments: