Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Change is Good :0)

It happened.  The Stake is now "realigned".  So that means as of 11 May, 2008 Our Dearly beloved Bonneville 3rd ward in the Provo Bonneville Stake, will in it's entirety become Provo Peaks 11th Ward in the Provo East Stake.  As a result, I will no longer be serving in the Stake Primary Presidency.  Nor will I be a Cub Commissioner...I'll sorely miss the calling and all of the blessings that came with it!!!!  I hope I'm not too long without a calling!  Of course this could/should be a time I can be a better Visiting Teacher.  I'm very pleased that, although we were split out of the Stake, our ward boundaries are staying the same. Our family used to attend the Spanish Ward.  About 5 years ago the Spanish Wards/branches in Provo were divided and moved around.  It was at that point that we were split out of East Stake and placed in the Bonneville Stake.  We attended the 7th Branch for about 1 year.  We then chose to "go English"...Now we will still "be English", but we're back in East Stake.  It'll be sad to "leave" so many good, nice Bonneville friends, but it's exciting, too.  Jeff, the children, and I have learned many good things from Bonneville Stake!!!  Among other things, we've caught a new vision of how a successful YM/Scouting program is run. Hopefully, we'll be able to bring with us the best and add to the best of East Stake and come up with something even better!! Change is good--

1 comment:

Shellie said...

Wow, how fun, shake things up a little.