Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Woodbadge

I'm going to Woodbadge.  That's a scouting thing.  It's a course for adults.  We learn how to become better leaders.  I'll get the chance to set some goals and actually have to report back.  When I attain those goals I'll get a fawn colored neckerchief and some beads to wear. WOOOOHOOO!!  It will be an honor--but if it was MY choice I'd not pick fawn.  Maybe they'll explain WHY fawn?  I'm ignorant on the matter.  I hope I don't sound disrespectful!!!

 Jeff & I went to the Scout Office to get Scout pants.  Of course the pants that are "buy one get one free" are the pants that look GREAT on thin-thighed  ( is that a word?) people.  There are zippers that hit about 2 inches above the knee...right at a very ample part of my leg...( right where garments would show if you utilize the funky zipper and turn them into shorts) Needless to say, I paid $5 more and only got one pair of tents, I mean, scout pants to wear.  I splurged for 2 pair of socks...I mean if I'm going to have to wear the same pair of slacks for 3 days, at least I could have sufficient socks.  One day I'll wear a pair of non-scout socks closest to my feet with scout green socks visible.  The next day I'll dispense with the civilian socks.  

Jeff brought home a cot for me to use.  It is literally 3 feet tall. It'll hold me without hardly budging I think it's a MASH examining table?  It might not fit in the tent because it's long.  Jeff had to go and set up tents today because he's on staff, so he's going to figure out if I'll be able to use it.  There are a bunch of folks going from our stake.  It should be fun.     :)

2 comments:

Shellie said...

Hee hee, I can't imagine anything scout looking that great on anyone anyhow. They should make tent pants that fold out into your tent so they would be multipurpose.

Beth schell said...

Great plan for the socks, I say, worth the splurge.